Tuesday, January 20, 2009

something so amazing

You know yesterday I did my first day of service on Martin Luther King Holiday and as I told one of the women(Sheri) that I should be ashamed for not working on this important holiday before, but as we discussed "We have to start at some point, why not today." Sheri told me that this was her first time too. So I guess we both stood ashamed. But I have to say, it was quite invigorating and empowering. I did some service work with the DYP(Durham Young Professionals) in conjuction with Grace Missions Church. I enjoyed my time there helping and making a difference in my community. Grace Missions is a prodominently asian community who were awesomely welcoming and I could sense the love for God from them. Not saying that asian communities are different but to feel welcome in a different place. I felt a peace as I hung out with this community. As I sit now and watch this inauguration of the first African American President it seems so surreal and I see history in the making. Never in history has this ever happened as we know but it is a time when all people have come together or want to come together for a common cause of what is yet to come. Would all our trust be in Obama, NO, but our trust must remain in the God who allowed this man to go this far in history. I see that this was God's hand alone. All the African American men that tried before him and did not make it. Why is that, because God purposed it just for Obama. A man who was not born out of slave trade but born into purpose. God purposed him for such a time as this. Many are called but the chosen are few, Yet to be chosen for a purpose and a time. We must keep Obama in prayer because his journey has just begun. Will the road be easy for him, by no means. But yet he is purposed for a time. I thank God for how he has allowed history to take place.

Blessing to all,
Tenea DeBerry

1 comment:

  1. This is deep thought, girlfriend. I like what you said and I agree with the thought of having to have a starting point...we ALL have to start somewhere and then from there, take it where it is meant to be--all with the leading of GOD, ALMIGHTY.

    Bless you, baby. Keep doing what you do so well.

    ReplyDelete