Tuesday, January 20, 2009

and so it has begun.

As we sat and watched this inauguration, the overwhelming emotion we had as Rick Warren did the prayer. As we bowed our heads even in our home, to be in agreement of great purpose. As tears fell from our eyes with the compassion of hope, justice and finality we thank our God for what he has done. Let me just say it is not about a white thing or a black thing but an everybody thing. This was about something Martin Luther King called forth many years ago. The dream that he saw and has yet come to pass. Do I feel liberated? Yes is the answer. I feel finally the good of a country has come forth. The good of unity, the good of compassion and the good of returning a nation to the heart of God. Will it be easy? The answer is No. But will it be worth it. The Answer is yes. As i sat held the hand of my husband and watch my son run around and play with his K-NEX toys and watched Obama give the speach of a lifetime. I smile in great honor to be who I am as an African American and as an American." Finally", some may say, "Justice for pain of the past." But now in a new era and new time must remember Isaiah 43:19(in the first few words of the verse)"Behold, I will do a new thing............" This is not just in the lives of Obama's but in the the lives of the people of God. Our God is an awesome God. If you don't know I know that he will forever reign in the heavens and in the earth. Proverbs 10:22 "The blessings of the Lord are rich and addeth no sorrow with it." I thank you Lord that your blessings add no sorrow. Amen.

Blessings to all,
Tenea DeBerry ( As Rachel can call me Tenatious D-because honestly I never give up).

2 comments:

  1. that's right - teneacious d!! :)

    "Let me just say it is not about a white thing or a black thing but an everybody thing" - amen! i sat on my own couch and watched history today, and felt so connected to all the people all over the place sitting on couches, in dorm rooms, over diner counters, hoping and believing and seeing a beautiful moment in history. is it too weird to say it made me proud to be an "american" (by proxy!) :)

    big love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...other countries are going to start liking us now.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete